Best rims to get for w204

Re: Best rims to get for w204

Postby chiaster » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:44 pm

Siao...

Adam wrote:
chiaster wrote:
just let inertia take over... get to cruising speed fast... avoid braking unnecessarily... i do more highways on weekdays and more city driving on weekends...

1) When driving on road, must take racing line, fast in fast out, so save more petrol.

2) Then when cornering, brake first then corner, don't brake n corner at the same time. :wiggle:

3) Tuck ur body when driving straight. So u feel more streamline, and the wind resistance also will lower

4) When turning corner, shift your body weight to the outer wheels, so u can feel more of the car :wiggle:

5) Perform the above when driving daily. Sure save petrol :wiggle:
MercKaki chiaster
ZC21 - CL7 - W204 - X250 - ?
chiaster
Espresso

Postby SUPERVIRUS » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:03 pm

chiaster wrote:Siao...

Adam wrote:
chiaster wrote:
just let inertia take over... get to cruising speed fast... avoid braking unnecessarily... i do more highways on weekdays and more city driving on weekends...

1) When driving on road, must take racing line, fast in fast out, so save more petrol.

2) Then when cornering, brake first then corner, don't brake n corner at the same time. :wiggle:

3) Tuck ur body when driving straight. So u feel more streamline, and the wind resistance also will lower

4) When turning corner, shift your body weight to the outer wheels, so u can feel more of the car :wiggle:

:rolf: :-)) :-)) :-))
SUPERVIRUS

Postby Adam » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:45 am

chiaster wrote:Siao...

Adam wrote:
chiaster wrote:

wah lau bro.. dun like tat leh.. i also now clock 15.0km/l one hor :happy:
Adam
Espresso

Postby Happyyoungman » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:12 pm

Adam wrote:
chiaster wrote:

wah lan, every time i drive if have to like this, sibeh stress
Jean Danker is a guy!!
Happyyoungman
Kopi C

Postby babywaffle » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:28 pm

Not only stress, may be look 'kuku' :rolf: :rolf:
babywaffle
Frappuccino

Postby genesis » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:12 am

Hi Gurus, thinking of changing to either 18 or 19" after driving the stock rim for close to 2 years, will 19" be overkill for C180K as in poorer pick up. I am looking at the 19' ADV.1 cast wheel and was told it is still lighter than our stock 17' rims so logically it should not burden the car performance other than harsher ride and poorer fc, it this a fair statement?

Finally for non-staggered 19' setup, what will be the tyre size? 235/35 19?

THanks for your help in advance.
genesis
Kopi

Postby Happyyoungman » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:20 am

genesis wrote:Hi Gurus, thinking of changing to either 18 or 19" after driving the stock rim for close to 2 years, will 19" be overkill for C180K as in poorer pick up. I am looking at the 19' ADV.1 cast wheel and was told it is still lighter than our stock 17' rims so logically it should not burden the car performance other than harsher ride and poorer fc, it this a fair statement?

as someone who has 19" BBS on his C180K, i strongly advise to go with 18" if any upgrade in rim size at all. the pick-up isnt really a big issue (the most is you look for Dr Hannson for his 'cure'). the issue is the FC. and the ride quality. and you'll have to resort to cutting your coils or (in my case) get aftermarket coilovers that allow for your ride to be lowered. I tried to live with just the 19" and low profile tires but the small stock brakes and the rather tall suspension (leaves a lot of gap between fender and tire - about 4 fingers) ruined the look.

that's my 2 cents!
Jean Danker is a guy!!
Happyyoungman
Kopi C

Postby genesis » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:52 pm

Happyyoungman wrote:
genesis wrote:Hi Gurus, thinking of changing to either 18 or 19" after driving the stock rim for close to 2 years, will 19" be overkill for C180K as in poorer pick up. I am looking at the 19' ADV.1 cast wheel and was told it is still lighter than our stock 17' rims so logically it should not burden the car performance other than harsher ride and poorer fc, it this a fair statement?

as someone who has 19" BBS on his C180K, i strongly advise to go with 18" if any upgrade in rim size at all. the pick-up isnt really a big issue (the most is you look for Dr Hannson for his 'cure'). the issue is the FC. and the ride quality. and you'll have to resort to cutting your coils or (in my case) get aftermarket coilovers that allow for your ride to be lowered. I tried to live with just the 19" and low profile tires but the small stock brakes and the rather tall suspension (leaves a lot of gap between fender and tire - about 4 fingers) ruined the look.

that's my 2 cents!

Hi HYM, Thanks for your advice and it is really great coming from a owner with 19" rim. Looks like it will be better to opt for 18 and at the same time it is also lighter for the pocket.

Thanks
genesis
Kopi

Postby NW3939 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:33 pm

wise decision... :1grin:
The Best or Nothing...

MercKaki NW3939

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NW3939
Blue Mountain

Postby James Ong » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:11 pm

hey genesis, have a look at these http://www.hrewheels.com/flowform/flow.html#&panel1-1. Was just at Hurry (Mackenzie) and booked it already. He's also not sure when the stock arriving. I was also looking at the adv but now hre has these at half the price.
James Ong
Kopi C

PreviousNext

Return to Mercedes C Class