Share your fav Char Kway Teow stall

What better to do a foodie hunt and share the love over here !

Re: Share your fav Char Kway Teow stall

Postby SUPERVIRUS » Wed May 23, 2012 8:13 am

Really? I'm going to check it out.
SUPERVIRUS

Postby AP68 » Wed May 23, 2012 10:26 am

blackknight wrote:
SUPERVIRUS wrote:This is the Fatty CKT that i managed to shoot before the old fella retired.. note the special satay sauce on top of the kuay teow. YUMMY!
[Image

this is available in marine parade hawker center - Apollo chao kway tiao I think

I doubt Apollo use satay sauce . Also heard that its getting lousier now a days . Happy searching . :coffee4:
Merckaki AP68
AP68
Espresso

Postby DT6886 » Wed May 23, 2012 10:33 am

Yes...Apollo no satay sauce...and true...don't waste time going liao. :nono:
MercKaki DT6886
DT6886
Blue Mountain

Postby kepiting1sg » Wed May 23, 2012 10:13 pm

Dunno what happened to the good old Newton CKT next to the old Newton Post Office when those buildings were still there! >:-(
Those days in the late 60s to the 70s famous CKT were Lavender St Fatty & Newton Post Office CKT.....all gone!!!
kepiting1sg

Postby SUPERVIRUS » Wed May 23, 2012 10:27 pm

Newton CKT is now at S'goon Gdns Market. I believe it's the same old grumpy man.
SUPERVIRUS

Postby NW3939 » Wed May 23, 2012 10:34 pm

kepiting1sg wrote:Dunno what happened to the good old Newton CKT next to the old Newton Post Office when those buildings were still there! >:-(
Those days in the late 60s to the 70s famous CKT were Lavender St Fatty & Newton Post Office CKT.....all gone!!!

I remember this Lavender St one... ::-P:
The Best or Nothing...

MercKaki NW3939

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NW3939
Blue Mountain

Postby blackknight » Thu May 24, 2012 12:25 am

havelock road hawker center! corner store :yaah:
ACELLENT Detailing Services
Appointment : 97167788
blackknight
Frappuccino

Postby AP68 » Thu May 24, 2012 12:28 am

Hahaha.... All these rememberance of those old stalls are just telling us you guys are from another era . Muahaha..... Play play only hah . Don't flame me hah .... :1grin: :1grin: :1grin:
Merckaki AP68
AP68
Espresso

Re: Share your fav Char Kway Teow stall & SAF Scholars

Postby lefthandseat » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:28 pm

maybe all their sons got SAF OTA Scholarships...
anyway to share..I usually go to Tampines St84 ( citation needed ) kopi tiam for CKT. Lady cook :thumbsup: with 2 future SAF or PSC scholarships boys and I think her standard rather ok.use "Or Peh" leave as base . This is the kopitiam after the Lighthouse church and the corner has a dessert stall,lady owner. :thumbsup: her cheng tng and chengdol & desserts are rather good and she pride herself on going to Malacca for the Gula Malacca so maybe some of you can jio her for NSH rides next time.
Beside the kopitiam is a fruitstall and the guy, Charles ,durians are good. MSW,D24..etc.

The other good CKT stall , if you are working in airport , is in a secluded area in T2 and they got very good CKT,Penang CKT and Seafood MeeGoreng. also a lot of PSC/SAF/CAAS scholars go there and eat.(because their daddies close the family CKT business liow ). either that or very good service from the voluptous lady cook. :thumbsup:
Maybe next time I shall take some photos like Dr.Leslie Tay. ( of the CKT I mean.. :rofl: )

Watch the cholestrol!

kepiting1sg wrote:Dunno what happened to the good old Newton CKT next to the old Newton Post Office when those buildings were still there! >:-(
lefthandseat
Kopi

Re: Share your fav Char Kway Teow stall & SAF Scholars

Postby NW3939 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:20 pm

lefthandseat wrote:maybe all their sons got SAF OTA Scholarships...
anyway to share..I usually go to Tampines St84 ( citation needed ) kopi tiam for CKT. Lady cook :thumbsup: with 2 future SAF or PSC scholarships boys and I think her standard rather ok.use "Or Peh" leave as base . This is the kopitiam after the Lighthouse church and the corner has a dessert stall,lady owner. :thumbsup: her cheng tng and chengdol & desserts are rather good and she pride herself on going to Malacca for the Gula Malacca so maybe some of you can jio her for NSH rides next time.
Beside the kopitiam is a fruitstall and the guy, Charles ,durians are good. MSW,D24..etc.

The other good CKT stall , if you are working in airport , is in a secluded area in T2 and they got very good CKT,Penang CKT and Seafood MeeGoreng. also a lot of PSC/SAF/CAAS scholars go there and eat.(because their daddies close the family CKT business liow ). either that or very good service from the voluptous lady cook. :thumbsup:
Maybe next time I shall take some photos like Dr.Leslie Tay. ( of the CKT I mean.. :rofl: )

Watch the cholestrol!

Hahaha Bro Ashton...good sharing :thumbsup:

The durian stall you mentioned, I believe is also bro ning 7377's favorite...as for the CKT & Cheng Tng I will surely go and check it out :1grin:

For the good CKT at T2...are you referring to the staff canteen above the MSCP at level 3M...the corner stall that offer free bak yew por (crispy lard) ;-)

Maybe we should all start selling CKT if we want our kids to be PSC/SAF/President Scholars... :rolf:
The Best or Nothing...

MercKaki NW3939

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NW3939
Blue Mountain

PreviousNext

Return to Food, Glorious Food !!!