Dan_MCG wrote:Rear tyre wear out faster - drift + burnout! :texan:

Wah....my hero! :blue: :blue:
SUPERVIRUS

Re: How and Why Tyres Rotation

Postby NW3939 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:39 pm

SUPERVIRUS wrote:
Dan_MCG wrote:Rear tyre wear out faster - drift + burnout! :texan:

Wah....my hero! :blue: :blue:

how come I dun drift but safe driving all the time...my rear also worn off faster than my front...I m on 18" staggered set-up :shead:
The Best or Nothing...

MercKaki NW3939

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NW3939
Blue Mountain

Postby V6ENGINE » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:19 pm

Dear all,

out of curiosity; our cars are rear wheel driven so how come the front will have wear signs. Should it be the rear? Also there are 2 school of thoughts:

1) The first school of thought thinks that rear wheel drive vehicles do not have to do wheel rotation as compared to front wheel drive.
2) the second school of thought thinks that rear or front wheel drive vehicles all will have to do wheel rotation cause this can assist in even wear and will aid in lasting tyres.

So can we open up discuss on this topic?
V6ENGINE
Kopi Gao

Postby NW3939 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:53 pm

V6ENGINE wrote:Dear all,

out of curiosity; our cars are rear wheel driven so how come the front will have wear signs. Should it be the rear? Also there are 2 school of thoughts:

1) The first school of thought thinks that rear wheel drive vehicles do not have to do wheel rotation as compared to front wheel drive.
2) the second school of thought thinks that rear or front wheel drive vehicles all will have to do wheel rotation cause this can assist in even wear and will aid in lasting tyres.

Even for a rear wheel drive car, the fronts wear out quicker, more so if your car is a front drive.They carry a heavier load (engine), they steer (so they scrub against the pavement), and the majority of your braking is done in the front... :~(

But strange...i m the reverse... my rear tyres wear off faster than my front :1huh: Must be my driving style then :banghead:
The Best or Nothing...

MercKaki NW3939

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NW3939
Blue Mountain

Postby V6ENGINE » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:56 pm

NW3939 wrote:
V6ENGINE wrote:Dear all,

Even for a rear wheel drive car, the fronts wear out quicker, more so if your car is a front drive.They carry a heavier load (engine), they steer (so they scrub against the pavement), and the majority of your braking is done in the front... :~(

But strange...i m the reverse... my rear tyres wear off faster than my front :1huh: Must be my driving style then :banghead:

Mmm...strange. Thats why i am puzzled. Some say their front wear out faster but others say their rear wear out faster..The issue is what type of driving style / pattern cause the wearing out? Or is it a norm for rear wheel drive to wear out the rear tyres faster?
V6ENGINE
Kopi Gao

Postby Adam » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:05 am

1) Braking Points and distance
2) Driving line
3) Acceleration from stop and cornering

I think this 3 matter alot on the wearing pattern of the car. My car is FD type, always at car park i step alittle bit i can hear and smell rubber burning liao. Therefore my front is always 30% faster then my rear to go up the lorry.
Adam
Espresso

Postby V6ENGINE » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:32 pm

Good analysis by Bro Adam leh...
V6ENGINE
Kopi Gao

Postby Adam » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:45 am

V6ENGINE wrote:Good analysis by Bro Adam leh...

bro, u r too kind la. i m juz sharing what i learn from my masters here. Try to play PS3 - Gran Turismo 5 more, it teaches u alot ! No kidding !
Adam
Espresso

Postby Dan_MCG » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:04 am

I'm pretty sure it's the driving style...
Few of our bros here know why :cool:

I think if you always drive at MSCPs, the front will wear of faster.
Another reason i can think of is the tyre pressure...
My 2 cents.....
Cheers
Dan
Dan_MCG
Kopi C

Postby V6ENGINE » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:56 pm

Adam wrote:
V6ENGINE wrote:Good analysis by Bro Adam leh...

bro, u r too kind la. i m juz sharing what i learn from my masters here. Try to play PS3 - Gran Turismo 5 more, it teaches u alot ! No kidding !

PS3? OMG....sure boh? hahahaha
V6ENGINE
Kopi Gao

PreviousNext

Return to General Mercedes-Benz Discussion