Common issues with W211 E200K

Re: Common issues with W211 E200K

Postby V6ENGINE » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:00 am

WML888 wrote:
V6ENGINE wrote:I am not sure if any one has complied this before but i thought i write this base on my experience so far for all to know and also watch for:

1) Brake Disc and pads - Depending on your version (i.e. elegance or advatgarde), this is a common wear and tear item. Averagely we will need to change a set of brake disc for every second set of disc pads. The pricing varies from 880-1600. The advatgarde model on EOL stage comes with bigger and cross drilled disc type and this is more expensive. Also this car model comes with 02 sensors at the brake set (front and rear) that alerts you when your brake pad is finishing.

1) For worn Brake Pad, what message will be showed ?
ie : "Service Brake. Visit Workshop" or something else ?

Thanks,

Bro,

brake pad thin out will be shown on your instrument panel but when that happens, you have about 10% left. If you are a "f1" driver, then better not risk. Try to have your brakes disc and pad check when you do your service every 10k. (anyway at 10k, you need to rotate your tyres) Its not a rocket science knowledge....

1) If yours has cross drilled disc (which is the large disc brake type), you will be able to see the forth hole through the disc already; this means you need to change. (When the disc is new, you will be 3 holes in a line spread over the whole disc. The forth hole is not through like the rest)
2) If yours is the normal disc brake, feel the disc with your fingers( when cool please so as to prevent your fingers from getting burn). You will be able to feel the disc not as flat as it should be. (When new, the disc is flat and flush to the surface) So when you run your finger from the circumference to the centre of the disc, you will feel a "drop" and that is the thinning of the disc.

Hope the above helps..
V6ENGINE
Kopi Gao

Postby NW3939 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:14 am

V6ENGINE wrote:
WML888 wrote:
V6ENGINE wrote:I am not sure if any one has complied this before but i thought i write this base on my experience so far for all to know and also watch for:

1) Brake Disc and pads - Depending on your version (i.e. elegance or advatgarde), this is a common wear and tear item. Averagely we will need to change a set of brake disc for every second set of disc pads. The pricing varies from 880-1600. The advatgarde model on EOL stage comes with bigger and cross drilled disc type and this is more expensive. Also this car model comes with 02 sensors at the brake set (front and rear) that alerts you when your brake pad is finishing.

1) For worn Brake Pad, what message will be showed ?
ie : "Service Brake. Visit Workshop" or something else ?

Thanks,

Bro,

brake pad thin out will be shown on your instrument panel but when that happens, you have about 10% left. If you are a "f1" driver, then better not risk. Try to have your brakes disc and pad check when you do your service every 10k. (anyway at 10k, you need to rotate your tyres) Its not a rocket science knowledge....

1) If yours has cross drilled disc (which is the large disc brake type), you will be able to see the forth hole through the disc already; this means you need to change. (When the disc is new, you will be 3 holes in a line spread over the whole disc. The forth hole is not through like the rest)
2) If yours is the normal disc brake, feel the disc with your fingers( when cool please so as to prevent your fingers from getting burn). You will be able to feel the disc not as flat as it should be. (When new, the disc is flat and flush to the surface) So when you run your finger from the circumference to the centre of the disc, you will feel a "drop" and that is the thinning of the disc.

Hope the above helps..

:clap: well done Bro V6 for sharing your experience :thumbsup:
The Best or Nothing...

MercKaki NW3939

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NW3939
Blue Mountain

Postby V6ENGINE » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:55 am

Bro,

Hope the above helps..[/quote]

:clap: well done Bro V6 for sharing your experience :thumbsup:[/quote]

thank you. Pai se... :membarassed;
V6ENGINE
Kopi Gao

Postby Adam » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:05 am

I rem what that stupid error le ! : SBC Brake Error !!!
Adam
Espresso

Postby AP68 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:38 pm

Adam wrote:I rem what that stupid error le ! : SBC Brake Error !!!

Could that be the same car? ::-O:
Merckaki AP68
AP68
Espresso

Postby V6ENGINE » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:28 pm

wah SBC AH...NO MEDICINE LEOW....muz change and i understand C&C do foc ...(correct me if i am wrong...)
V6ENGINE
Kopi Gao

Postby WML888 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:34 am

V6ENGINE wrote:

wah SBC AH...NO MEDICINE LEOW....muz change and i understand C&C do foc ...(correct me if i am wrong...)

Bro,

If SBC 'koyak", what message will show ?
WML888
Kopi

Postby Adam » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:57 am

it the centre console will say "SBC Error". u drive ur car will prompt up in Red one, can't miss it!
Adam
Espresso

Postby solar » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:06 pm

impressed.. these are the 'only' common issues? :yaah:
never once heard of gearbox, engine, ecu or some weird weird expensive wallet burning issues :thumbsup:
solar
Kopi

Postby blackknight » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:59 pm

SBC only for the pre FL w211 e200...the FL ones do not have these.. :1grin:
ACELLENT Detailing Services
Appointment : 97167788
blackknight
Frappuccino

PreviousNext

Return to Mercedes E Class