DIY W204: How to filter the ext air into cabin

Re: DIY W204: How to filter the ext air into cabin

Postby GongGong » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:08 am

U shld consider using those aquarium charcoal beads filter n stuff them into the box, where the paper filter is. That will really remove all the odor n toxic stuff. I used to do that for my W203.
Do Be careful that the 3M filter dun get suck in when the vent open. The blower is just there, gonna be messy if that blower gets jammed.
GongGong
3 in 1 Kopi

Postby SUPERVIRUS » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:14 am

;-)
GongGong wrote:U shld consider using those aquarium charcoal beads filter n stuff them into the box, where the paper filter is. That will really remove all the odor n toxic stuff. I used to do that for my W203.
Do Be careful that the 3M filter dun get suck in when the vent open. The blower is just there, gonna be messy if that blower gets jammed.

Yes...your idea sounds good. If stuffing the charcoal beads into the box is tight enough, it should work.
As for the the risk of sucking in the paper filter, I made sure that the perimeter of the filter is slightly larger than the air opening, that way the box will clamp the paper filter when fitted in place. Also, I use the super solid 3M double sided tape for added assurance. You will also notice that the3M paper filter is actually lined with a wire mesh, this will ensure that the paper does not disintegrate easily. Should be good for 6 months.
SUPERVIRUS

Postby Adam » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:10 am

so have u realize any effects already Doc ? Air intake cleaner and better ?
Adam
Espresso

Postby SUPERVIRUS » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:43 pm

Air recirculation is left opened all the time now (i don't bother to press the button anymore)....the diesel smog from bus, lorries & cabs is greatly reduced. No smell from traffic, just clean air.
SUPERVIRUS

Postby robin1_sg » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:34 pm

I tried this simple mod, agree that this is a great idea and effective. Thanks.

Need to be careful though, to attach the filter properly, otherwise it will be suck in by the fan.
robin1_sg
3 in 1 Kopi

Previous

Return to Mercedes C Class