Upsizing of rims will void warranty?

The Sky is the Limit, so is the Depth of your Wallet

Re: Upsizing of rims will void warranty?

Postby DrJ » Sun May 04, 2014 12:30 am

SUPERVIRUS wrote:Oh...CEV...now I know. Thks Chiaster.
CEV is given to new cars upon registration. This inspection by LTA is done during homologation before the car dealer can even launch the new model. ( ie C&C will submit 1 yet to be launched B class car to LTA for homologation inspection) Once approved, all similar models will just sail straight thru to the showroom without further inspections. Why are you worried about further CEV inspections? The only inspection u should expect is the mandatory 3rd year Vicom or STA inspection.

Ya my se was referring to that inspection. I think is will not pass this inspection.
DrJ
Kopi Gao

Postby SUPERVIRUS » Sun May 04, 2014 12:56 pm

Bro DrJ or slowspoke...read my previous again. No further inspection of CEV is needed for all b class once the 1st car is approved by LTA. IT'S CALLED HOMOLOGATION. Your new car will not need to go for CEV inspection Lah.
SUPERVIRUS

Postby DrJ » Sun May 04, 2014 3:43 pm

SUPERVIRUS wrote:Bro DrJ or slowspoke...read my previous again. No further inspection of CEV is needed for all b class once the 1st car is approved by LTA. IT'S CALLED HOMOLOGATION. Your new car will not need to go for CEV inspection Lah.

Ok so I can safely upgrade lor.. Suspension shod not be spoilt so easily..
DrJ
Kopi Gao

Postby NW3939 » Sun May 04, 2014 11:41 pm

DrJ wrote:
SUPERVIRUS wrote:Bro DrJ or slowspoke...read my previous again. No further inspection of CEV is needed for all b class once the 1st car is approved by LTA. IT'S CALLED HOMOLOGATION. Your new car will not need to go for CEV inspection Lah.

Just go ahead and follow your heart...enjoy your ride and worry later :nascar:

Merc is a good car...won't spoilt so easily lah :linedance:
The Best or Nothing...

MercKaki NW3939

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NW3939
Blue Mountain

Postby AP68 » Mon May 05, 2014 1:33 am

DrJ wrote:

There is a saying... Want mod no scared. Want scared no mod. :1grin:
Go ahead... Life is short. Enjoy to the fullest.
Merckaki AP68
AP68
Espresso

Postby asiadj » Fri May 09, 2014 2:01 am

DrJ wrote:Hi all,

Checked with my se today. Wanted to upsize my stock rims and tyres to 17". Went to website and found the specs for 17" rims and tyres. My se said that I cannot upsize as it will void the warranty on suspension. Also, the CEV my car was entitled to will be affected. I think this is not right. Can anyone here advise if what my se claims is true and how true?

Thanks and hv a good weekend!

1) we say : upsize rim + rubber to 17'' won't void suspension's warranty, cev not affected also.

2) your SE say: will void, cev affected.

brother, how to determinded how true.. ? lol .

if 50 pple in this forum says option 1, but................ touch wood touch touch wood, really let u kanna option 2. How to say then?

lol

wan do just go ahead ba... cos if u want it so much, end of the day, u have sleepless nite, u might as well dun do?

then since u like it so much, shld just follow ur heart go ahead, and forget about who says this or that rite?

summarise..... u happy jiu hao, Singapore buy car not cheap, y still wan to give urself more worries, even when buying something u like... . haha

if really...... u dun feel comfort. then dun upsize lo? haha , till after some-time, confident increase, then u do again ba.

welcome to merckaki and have a gd weekend bro.
asiadj
Kopi C

Postby DrJ » Sat May 10, 2014 11:19 am

I think my se is ridiculous. First time hearing that.

Anyway thanks for all inputs all bro!

Will upgrade when my current tyres are botak. The tyre shop is not giving good trade in price. Will hold and if some shops offer better price then will change.
DrJ
Kopi Gao

Previous

Return to Other Modifications