ABS ESP non operative...

How to zhng my engine please ?

*Disclaimer* At your own risk !!!

ABS ESP non operative...

Postby jetster » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:51 pm

Hi Guys,

I recently took delivery of my first Merc, 2009 ML350 and went straight to tuned ECU, changed brake pads & discs and full service outside C&C. A day later upon driving along SLE using cruise control, it just snapped by itself and I got warning sign, ABS ESP non operative, Cruise Control on operative, Run Flat non operative and right brake lamp not working all at once :1huh: :1huh: :1huh:

Worst still after I parked the car and drive again the car felt super sluggish and after stoppping, even refused to move even though I put the transmission at D. Not to mention some funny sound coming from the wheels like crackling sounds. Went back to my tuner and he told me that the ECU is still adjusting and to give it a couple more days to adapt. Until today I don't see any improvement and the ABS ESP sign is still there as well as the occasional crackling sound from the wheels. During one drive, from stationery position the car moved and refused to change gear ::-O:

Just wondering any bros here experienced the same stuff and the solution? Please help..rather annoyed by these issues, my previous Lexus never give me problems :~(
jetster
3 in 1 Kopi

Re: ABS ESP non operative...

Postby SUPERVIRUS » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:34 pm

Merc ECU for NA models is not commonly tuned due to extreme difficulty...even the CGI turbo models. That's why piggyback is commonly used for CGI cars. They are literally 'locked' & a lot of tuners wouldn't want to risk frying the ECU. He must be really good to attempt this or just plain ballsy. A few have managed to tune it but the power gains is negligible. Thus tuners wouldn't bother to touch these ECUs. May I know who is the tuner?
I have a feeling that your ECU is damaged...hope it can be salvaged.
SUPERVIRUS

Return to Under The Hood