Dash Board Camera

The Best or Nothing.

Dash Board Camera

Postby foxtrot13 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:23 am

Hi Everyone,

Hoping to find out more from the forum on feedback over installation of dash board cam in your rides.
I've heard cases of drained battery even though a UPS / Battery Discharge Prevention has been installed.
I'm keen to install 2CH camera and connect them to the fusebox but wonder if the above concern is valid.

Anyone here have similar experience to share? Cheers! :yaah:
foxtrot13
3 in 1 Kopi

Re: Dash Board Camera

Postby SUPERVIRUS » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:37 am

2CH cams are very convenient as both frt & rear images are stored in the same memory card vs having 2 cams with 2 cards.
I have a Power magic box which supposedly saves the batt if it senses low batt while recording in parking mode....u r rite...its a crap! Both my cars died ( same cam with Magic box) after I return from a 10 day holiday trip. After this experience, I took out the magic boxes & removed the parking mode altogether.
Direct connect to fusebox is neater compared to using the cig lighter socket...unless u want the car to look like a cab.
For 2CH cams, I highly recommend VisionDrive.
SUPERVIRUS

Postby foxtrot13 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:36 am

I am looking at itronics but they don't come cheap :grump2:
How much would Vision drive cost in general? - Any recommendation on workshops who sells them with installation?

I might still go for parking mode since I heard Itronics workshop can install an external on/off switch to deactivated the parking mode.
Thanks and Cheers.
foxtrot13
3 in 1 Kopi

Postby SUPERVIRUS » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:18 am

Vision drive is more ex..about $650.
I had the switch installed too. The prob is you tend to forget to turn it back on & u r screwed if u need it at that crucial moment.
SUPERVIRUS

Postby hawkeye » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:48 am

You could also get the wiring done so that when u shut down, there is no electrics to the cam. Just as mine is setup that way. Definitely no memory problems.
hawkeye
Kopi Gao

Return to General Mercedes-Benz Discussion